The Washington County COVID-19 Response Fund was created through the support of community partners who recognize the financial stress our small businesses are experiencing as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Our hope is that we can serve as a bridge to additional funding that businesses may receive from the government, especially federal funding through the CARES Act.
Businesses should be aware that this program is fully donor supported. We can only disburse funds as they are received. Therefore, we cannot guarantee when (or even if) funds will be available for applicant requests. However, we know Washington County is generous and resourceful! We hope that funds will be available to meet the needs of our most at risk businesses.
Who is eligible to apply for funding?
The business's primary location must be in Washington County, Texas and:
- Have fewer than 20 full-time equivalent employees,
- Was a for-profit business, in good standing, as of January 31, 2020,
- Is able to demonstrate how the COVID-19 pandemic has negatively impacted the business.
- Has applied, or is in the process of applying for federal funding through the CARES Act. If you have not yet applied, please see our Business Assistance page for more information.
How does the fund work?
The Washington County COVID-19 Response Fund operates as a forgivable loan program. The business applying for funds lists expenses for which they require assistance. Businesses that receive the loan (through ACH Direct Deposit) then pay the bill, provide proof of payment (often just a receipt), and the loan is forgiven.
What expenses can be covered by the fund?
- Inventory and supplies
- Monthly debt payment for equipment or materials
Details of the Washington County COVID-19 Response Fund
Download the application and program guidelines below. The application is a fillable form or you may print and complete manually. Please note that effective July 1, 2020 we are no longer accepting applications as we have depleted available funds. We will reopen the fund if additional donations are made to support this effort.