Providing customers of Brenham-Washington County
peace of mind is a Top Priority.
ReOpen Partners are proactively following protocols for social distancing, cleaning, and limiting occupancy to responsibly and safely ReOpen businesses.
The following are guidelines adopted by ALL ReOpen Partners:
- Daily screen all employees for symptoms of COVID-19 and do not allow employees with symptoms to enter the business.
- Employees diagnosed with COVID-19 will not be allowed to work until: 1) at least 72 hours have passed since the person had fever (without fever-reducing medication), 2) the respiratory symptoms of coughing or shortness of breath are improved, AND 3) seven days have passed since symptoms first appeared.
- Employees with known close exposure to a person with lab-confirmed COVID-19 will self-quarantine and not return to work for 14 days.
- Employees will wash or sanitize hands upon entering the business.
- Employees will maintain 6 feet separation from customers whenever feasible. If this is not feasible, other measures such as face coverings, hand hygiene, cough etiquette, etc. shall be rigorously practiced.
- Frequently clean and disinfect regularly touched surfaces.
- Regularly and frequently clean restrooms, and document the cleanings.
- Disinfect any items that come into contact with customers.
- Make hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes, or facility to wash with soap and water readily available to both employees and customers.
- Place readily visible signage at the retailer with reminders of best hygiene practices.
- Contactless payment options are encouraged. If this is not possible, employees will disinfect items before the customer touches it (for example, a credit card machine) or disinfect items before returning to the customer (for example, a credit card).
- Clean and sanitize the business daily.
In addition to the above guidelines, restaurants which are ReOpen Partners will also:
- Seat parties at least 6 feet away from other dining parties.
- Bar seating is not available.
- Provide distancing in waiting areas so that parties may remain 6 feet apart.
- Not leave items for customers use on unoccupied tables (condiments, silverware, glassware, etc.)
- Provide condiments upon request in single-use portions.
- Use online menus whenever possible and disposable one-time-use menus for all other patrons.
- No self-serve food or beverages (if a buffet is offered, restaurant employees will serve food).
Optional guidelines that some ReOpen Partners may implement are:
- Require both employees and customers to wear face coverings such as masks.
- Require advance reservations or appointments to control the number of customers in the business at any one time.
For the safety of all customers and employees, ReOpen Partners reserve the right to request a customer leave if the customer appears to show symptoms of respiratory illness consistent with COVID-19.
For the full guidelines and recommendations of Governor Greg Abbott for reopening Texas: